ASM Destiny Catalog Search
ASM Technology Databases
Login information is available on our library Moodle page.
Science Reference Center (Ebsco)
Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other sources. (Applied Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Scientists, and Space Sciences & Astronomy)
EBSCO Ultra Online
A comprehensive collection of full-text reference resources including ERIC, Newspaper Source, and TOPICsearch.
Today’s Science Online
Searchable Science encyclopedia as well as in-depth coverage in recent advances in biology, chemistry, environmental science, space, physics and technology.
Oxford Research Premium
Over 2 million digitized entries across Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias; Oxford Reference is the premier online reference product, spanning 25 different subject areas.
JSTOR is a database of core scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
MAS Ultra Electronic Periodicals (Ebsco)
MAS Ultra provides full text for tens of thousands of magazines, biographies and primary source documents, hundreds of reference books (including the Columbia Encyclopedia and the CIA World Fact Book), an Image Collection containing photos, maps & flags, color PDFs.
Note: If you are trying to login to NoodleTools from home, you must first enter ASM's subscription information: (available on our library moodle page), before you will be able to login to your own individual account.
Click HERE to access Noodle Tools from campus.
Professional Associations and Organizations
RSS-Robotics News-Science Daily
Open Access Resources
Discovery tools (search engines and databases)
- Google Scholar – for scholarly resources
- Scirus – for scientific information only
- cedb.asce.org - searches American Society of Civil Engineers publications
- contrails.iit.edu - searches old US Air Force aerospace technical reports
- DOE Energy Citations Database - www.osti.gov/energycitations/
- fris2.nist.gov/starweb/FireDoc/servlet.starweb?path=FireDoc/firedoc.web - Fire research database from US NIST
- Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center - nisee.berkeley.edu/elibrary/index.html
- pubmed.gov - for biomedical articles from US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, and life science journals
- www.gpoaccess.gov/topics/science.html Science and technology publications of the US Government
- www.science.gov – searches databases and websites from US federal agencies. See especially Image Search under Special Collections
- Project Gutenberg - http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Internet Archive Project – openlibrary.org
- Google Books – books.google.com
- Merck Manuals Online Medical Library
- www.merck.com/mmhe/index.html (Home Health Handbook)
- www.merck.com/mmpe/index.html (for Healthcare Professionals)
- Free e-book links
- www.doaj.org/ Directory of open access journals
- www.ejtp.com Electronic journal of theoretical physics
- www.iiu.edu.my/ejournal/home/index.php/islamasia/issue/current Journal of Islam in Asia (open access journal, no issues published as yet)
- www.lancs.ac.uk/jais/volume/index.htm Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies
- www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/ fulltext of journals, proceedings and reports from Japanese societies
- http://www.emergencymgmt.com/back-issues Government Technology’s Emergency Management magazine
- http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/jnst JNST: Journal of nuclear science and technology from Atomic Energy Society of Japan
- http://knowledgecenter.unr.edu/materials/articles/journals/free.aspx Links to free e-journals
- Inside Mecca (National Geographic) http://freedocumentaries.org/
- Inside Mecca (National Geographic) http://www.snagfilms.com/films/
- Inside Mecca (National Geographic) search also www.youtube.com
- Islam: Empire of Faith. Part 1: Prophet Muhammad and rise of Islam (full; PBS Documentary) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3UHNhQ1Zk
- Islam: Empire of Faith. Part 2: The Awakening (full; PBS Documentary) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1PxJomypQE
- Islam: Empire of Faith. Part 3: The Ottomans (full; PBS Documentary) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI7Qkcyz3tM&feature=related
Websites and resources
- www.archive.org/ - Internet Archive
- DOE e-print network www.osti.gov/eprints/ (US Dept of Energy)
- DOE research reports - www.osti.gov/bridge/ (US Dept of Energy)
- dspace.mit.edu - repository of MIT intellectual output
- Eric Weisstein's World of Science contains budding encyclopedias of astronomy, scientific biography, chemistry, and physics. It is written and maintained by the author as a public service for scientific knowledge and education, and has explanations for technical subjects that are both clear and accessible.http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/
- ethos.bl.uk/Home.do - theses from United Kingdom
- inisdb2.iaea.org/ proxy problem – International Nuclear Information System on peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology.
- Jane’s www.janes.com
- kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/ (mechanical models demonstrating kinematics from Cornell University)
- www.martindalecenter.com/Calculators4.html - 22,000 science and engineering calculators
- MathWorldTM is the web's most extensive mathematical resource, provided as a free service to the world's mathematics and internet communities as part of a commitment to education and educational outreach by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/
- Online Writing Lab from Purdue University http://owl.english.purdue.edu/
- www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/ Technical Reports from Hewlett-Packard laboratories
- www.nap.edu/ - US National Academy Press
- www.usa.gov/ US federal government resources
- xxx.lanl.gov/ e-prints in physics, math, computer science, biology, finance and statistics
- ep.espacenet.com/ - from European Patent Office
- www.freepatentsonline.com/ - US and European patents
- www.google.com/ptshp?tab=st - Google patent search
- www.techbriefs.com/content/view/1863/38/ NASA software programs