Research centers on the Middle East
- Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies -- an independent research unit functioning within the framework of Al-Ahram Foundation focused on interactive trends between Arab countries and the international system, the regional framework surrounding them, and amongst one another.
- Al-Quds Center for Political Studies -- an independent research institute that aims to provide a comprehensive and more accurate understanding of the developments and challenges which the Jordanian state and society are facing.
- Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies -- a non-partisan and independent institute that provides policy-oriented research on matters of strategy, security and peace in the Middle East.
- Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research -- studies contemporary issues and determining their implications for the United Arab Emirates, the Arab Gulf region, and the Middle East.
- Gulf Research Center -- a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to independent research on the Gulf region.
- Institute for National Security Studies -- an independent academic institute that studies key issues relating to Israel's national security and Middle East affairs.
- Institute for Palestine Studies -- institute devoted to research, analysis, and publication on Palestinian affairs and the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- International Institute for Counter-Terrorism -- an independent think tank providing expertise in terrorism, counter-terrorism, homeland security, threat vulnerability and risk assessment, intelligence analysis and national security and defense policy.
- Iraq Institute for Economic Reform -- an independent research institute with a mission to assist Iraq in its transition to a modern market economy by promoting reform based on sound research and case studies.
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs -- a non-profit, non-partisan and nonsectarian educational organization committed to explaining the need for a prudent national security policy for the United States, addressing the security requirements of both the United States and the State of Israel.
- Middle East Institute -- the oldest Washington-based institution dedicated solely to the study of the Middle East.
- PAL-Think for Strategic Studies -- an independent non-profit, non-political, non-governmental and non-sectarian think tank that aims to stimulate and inspire rational public discussions and consensus for the well-being of the Palestinians and othe people in the region.
- Palestinian Academic Society for the Study of International Affairs -- an Arab non-profit institution that seeks to present the Palestinian Question in its national, Arab and international contexts through academic research, dialogue and publication.
- Washington Institute for Near East Policy -- drawing on the research of its scholars and the experience of policy practitioners, the Institute promotes an American engagement in the Middle East committed to strengthening alliances, nurturing friendships, and promoting security, peace, prosperity, and democracy for the people of the region.
Jewish and Israeli Peace Organizations
Israeli Social Movement
Neve Shalom (Oasis of Peace)
ASM U.S. History Databases
Please check our ASM Middle/Upper School Library Moodle page for login information
History Reference Center (Ebsco)
Designed for academic research, this database features full text for more than 1,990 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books from leading history publishers.
American History Online
More than 500 Years of Political, Military, Social, and Cultural History-subject entries, biographies, primary sources, images and videos, maps and charts, and timelines
American Indian History Online
More than 15,000 years of culture and history through event and topic entries, biographies, images and videos, maps and charts, legends, primary sources, and timeline entries, representing more than 600 Native American groups.
Modern World History Online
Covers the full scope of world history from the mid-15th century to the present. Thousands of fully hyperlinked subject entries, biographies, images and videos, maps and charts, primary sources, and timeline entries.
Cultural, historical, statistical country information
Oxford Research Premium
Over 2 million digitized entries across Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias; Oxford Reference is the premier online reference product, spanning 25 different subject areas.
EBSCO Ultra Online
A comprehensive collection of full-text reference resources including ERIC, Newspaper Source, and TOPICsearch.
JSTOR is a database of core scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
Online research library with access to books, journals, articles, and encyclopedias primarily in the humanities and social sciences.
MAS Ultra Electronic Periodicals (Ebsco)
MAS Ultra provides full text for tens of thousands of magazines, biographies and primary source documents, hundreds of reference books (including the Columbia Encyclopedia and the CIA World Fact Book), an Image Collection containing photos, maps & flags, color PDFs and expanded full-text back files (back to 1975) for key magazines.
These are resources to supplement your research on the topic. This list is not meant to be an all inclusive list.
This Wikipedia entry is a good primer on the Arab-Israeli Conflict. This entry has an extensive reference and further reading list that will add to your understanding of this conflict.
PBS coverage of the Arab-Israeli Conflict. Included here are maps and some commentary.
This is a nicely organized comprehensive pathfinder at the University of Colorado at Boulder on the this conflict. Included here are links to other Internet resources like the Palestine Country Page and Israel Country Page where you can find specific resources about these two nations.
Guide to the Mideast Peace Process (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Selected Reference Documents of the Mideast Peace Process (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs)